Sacred Heart girls play with passion, regardless of the sport. Athletics foster commitment, healthy living, and leadership among girls. Research indicates that girls who participate in sports also perform better academically.
Team sports also help to build school spirit, community, and leadership skills. Guided by caring, but demanding coaches, our girls learn to play with “heart,” in order to achieve individual and team goals.
The Sacred Heart athletics program includes basketball, cheerleading, cross country, equestrian, golf, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field, and volleyball. The school has numerous district and state titles in various sports.
“Participating in athletics has encouraged me to grow as an individual and develop leadership skills.”
– Maci, III Academic (Junior)
Sports offered at the Academy of the Sacred Heart include:
Basketball (Grades 5-8, JV & Varsity)
Cross Country (Grades 5-12)
Equestrian Riding (Western) Grades K-12
Golf (Grades 5-8, Varsity)
Soccer (Grades K-8, JV & Varsity)
Softball (Grades 5-8)
Track and Field (Grades 4-8 & Varsity)
Volleyball (Grades 5-8, JV & Varsity)
The following athletic forms are required for participation in the athletic program offered at the Academy of the Sacred Heart and are included in the athletic packet above:
- Insurance Information
- Student Athlete Medical Information and Questionnaire
- Permission to Provide Medical Treatment
- LHSAA Athletic Participation/Parental Permission Form
- LHSAA Medical History Evaluation
- LHSAA Substance Abuse Misuse Form
- LHSAA Parent and Student Athlete Concussion Statement (with attached fact sheet)